What's right for you, new construction or a resale?
One of the critical decisions you'll face is whether to opt for new construction or a resale property. Are you in the market for a new home in the beautiful Riverland community of Port St. Lucie, Florida?
Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and Thom Montrois is here to help you make an informed choice that matches your unique situation.
New Construction: The Excitement of Building Your Dream Home
When considering new construction, there are several factors to keep in mind:
1. Base Price of the Home The starting point for your new construction home is the base price. This is the cost of the home itself before any upgrades or customizations or upgraded lot features.
2. Lot Premium In many cases, you may choose your lot within the Riverland community. Many lots, especially waterfront lots come with a premium, which will add to the overall cost of your new home.
3. Upgrade Costs It's essential to budget for upgrades. On average, buyers spend approximately 15% of the purchase price on upgrades. These can include everything from kitchen countertops to flooring and fixtures. You will also need to pay upfront for approx. half of the cost of your upgrades depending on your home choice.
4. Unfinished Product When you decide on new construction, you'll have the excitement of creating your dream home, but you won't know exactly what the finished product will look like until it's complete.
5. Wait Time Patience is key when it comes to new construction. Construction timelines can vary, and you'll need to factor in the time it takes to build your new home from the ground up. You may need to live in a “construction zone” for a while.
Resale Properties: Convenience and Certainty
On the other hand, resale properties offer a different set of benefits:
1. Known Final Product With a resale property, you know precisely what you're getting. You can walk through the home and see all the upgrades and features that have already been completed.
2. No Stress of Decision-Making You won't need to worry about selecting contractors, materials, or dealing with the noise and mess of construction. Everything is included in one price.
3. Move-In Ready Resale properties are often move-in ready, meaning you do not have to move twice. You can move furniture right in.
4. Negotiation Room In some cases, the owner’s plans unexpectedly change and there may be room for negotiation with the seller, potentially saving you money. For example, an owner plans on moving and their employer offers them a large raise to stay where they are.
5. No Wait Time Start your new lifestyle right away. Move right in. Join clubs, Enjoy the 5 pools, play pickleball, play basketball, or work out at the fitness center right away!
Making the Right Choice for You
The decision between new construction and resale properties in Riverland, Port St. Lucie ultimately depends on your priorities and preferences. If you love the idea of designing your dream home from scratch and are willing to wait for it, new construction might be the perfect choice. However, if you prefer a move-in ready option with no surprises, a resale property may be the way to go.
At New Homes PSL, Florida Lifestyle Expert Thom Montrois understands that the choice is personal and unique to you. We're here to assist you every step of the way, whether you're interested in new constructions or newer resale homes. Our client-centric approach ensures that your real estate journey aligns with your dreams and goals.
If you're ready to explore the Riverland community in Port St. Lucie, contact us today. We have the experience, dedication, and passion to help you find the perfect home that suits your lifestyle.
Remember, the key to a successful real estate transaction is working with a knowledgeable and client-focused team, just like Thom Montrois and his dedicated agents. Let us guide you on your path to home ownership in Riverland, Port St. Lucie!